Utility Company Programs
Seattle City Light
- Ductless heat pump pilot program: If you're currently heating your home with electric resistance baseboards or wall heaters, Seattle City Light can help you upgrade to a Ductless Heating and Cooling System with a $1,200 rebate.
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audit (PDF): A step-by-step guide for identifying and improving your home’s energy efficiency.
Puget Sound Energy (PSE)
Whether you're buying a new home, remodeling or just trying to reduce your monthly energy bills, PSE might be able to help with various money-saving offers on energy-efficient products and services. Call PSE at 888-225-5773.
City of Seattle
- HomeWise Weatherization Program: Seattle homeowners and rental property owners can get free weatherization services if they meet income qualifications. (Qualification is by tenant income.) Low-interest home improvement loans may also be available to homeowners for further needed repairs. Call 206-684-0244.
City of Bellevue
- Home Repair Program: Provides low- to moderate-income Bellevue homeowners with 0-interest home loans and grants for health- and safety-related repairs. Call 425-452-6884. Repairs include:
- Faulty plumbing
- Unsafe electrical wiring
- Poor heating
- Roof repairs
- Rotting gutters or porches/decks
- Earthquake retrofitting
City of Auburn
- Housing Repair Program Application (Minor repairs) (PDF): 253-931-3090
City of Kent
- Housing Repair Program (Minor repairs): 253-856-5065
City of Renton
- Housing Repair Program (Minor repairs): 425-430-6650
- Weatherization Services: To qualify for weatherization services, you must meet state income guidelines. The interactive Eligibility Questionnaire will help you determine if you can apply for weatherization assistance and guide you through the steps necessary to apply. If you are a renter, your landlord will have to fill out forms as well. If you have questions, please call the King County Housing Authority at 206-214-1240. If you are a renter in a multifamily apartment complex, please call them for assistance.
- Housing Repair Program: Provides funding for housing repair services to low-income homeowners and renters in most parts of King County.